Madhya Pradesh Free Laptop Scheme
The Madhya Pradesh Free Laptop Scheme, also known as MP Free Laptop Yojana, is an initiative by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to provide financial assistance to meritorious students who have recently passed their 12th class exams with a good percentage.
- Scheme Name: Madhya Pradesh Free Laptop Scheme
- Initiated by: Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Beneficiaries: Madhya Pradesh 12th class students
- Objective: To provide financial assistance for laptops to meritorious students
- Official Website: http://educationportal.mp.gov.in/
- Helpline Number: 0755-2600115
- Only permanent students of Madhya Pradesh are eligible for the scheme.
- Students who have passed the 12th class examination with good marks are eligible for the scheme.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students who have secured at least 75% marks in class 12th can apply for the scheme. General category students who have secured at least 85% marks in class 12th can also apply.
Benefits and Features
- The scheme offers financial assistance of ₹25,000 to the beneficiary students.
- Financial assistance will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the students through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- The government will also provide citations to the students in addition to the financial assistance.
- The scheme aims to encourage students to excel academically and use the laptops for their educational needs.
- Both male and female students, as well as those studying through regular and distance education, are eligible for the scheme.
Students who have passed their 12th class exams from the Madhya Pradesh Board will automatically be included in the list of meritorious students. The amount for the laptop will be distributed to eligible students automatically; there is no need to fill out a separate application form.
The government will provide an amount of ₹25,000 for the purchase of laptops starting from the third week of June. District Education Officers are responsible for updating the bank account details of the students in their respective districts. This should be completed before June 10. Beneficiaries can expect to receive the money for purchasing laptops after the result declaration.
Helpline and Additional Information
For more information about the scheme, beneficiaries can contact the relevant department through the official website.
Helpline Number: 0755-2600115
- Q: Who can take advantage of Madhya Pradesh Laptop Yojana?
- A: Promising students and students who have passed class 12th in Madhya Pradesh.
- Q: When will I get the money for the laptop?
- A: The money for laptops is expected to be distributed from the third week of June.
- Q: How much financial assistance will be available under Madhya Pradesh Laptop Yojana?
- A: Beneficiaries will receive ₹25,000 as financial assistance.
- Q: What is the helpline number of the laptop scheme?
- A: The helpline number is 0755-2600115.
- Q: What is the official website of MP Free Laptop Scheme?
- A: The official website is http://educationportal.mp.gov.in/.